Now with Caching!
We’ve been listening to your feedback and have just released an update to TrilbyTV Player.
The new version of TrilbyTV Player now caches your videos to give you smoother playback and higher quality. You can choose whether to download high quality versions of your videos for playback or continue to use adaptive streaming, which can reduce playback quality if you have a slow internet connection. This will benefit everyone and give you a better experience on your digital signage.
Updating TrilbyTV Player for iOS
If you have Automatic Updating turned on, you may already have the new version. If not, simply follow these steps:
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Select the Updates tab.
- Tap Update next to TrilbyTV Player.
- Relaunch the app.
- By default, Caching is enabled so just press play.
If you haven’t got TrilbyTV Player installed yet, justÂ download from the App Store.
Updating TrilbyTV Player for Windows/OS X
If you are using TrilbyTV Player on a PC or Mac, you will need to visitÂ http://player.trilbytv.co.uk on your computer and follow these steps:
- Right click where it says ‘TrilbyTV Player is already installed’ and choose Uninstall TrilbyTV Player.
- Refresh your browser window, and click the Install TrilbyTV Player button.
- Once installed, launch the app, sign in and open the Settings. Click Enable to turn on Caching then click the ‘+1GB’ button to increase the storage limit.
- Click Yes in the dialog box that opens to confirm the increase.
We’re also working on some great updates to the rest of TrilbyTV, which will be available by the end of the summer!