This Privacy Notice describes why we gather personal data and how we handle it. TrilbyTV is a service of Trilby Multimedia Limited, a UK based company governed by The Data Protection Act and registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office. In designing our software we ensure we collect the minimum amount of data required to make our services work. This notice also outlines what privacy and security considerations we expect from you in relation to using TrilbyTV.
- We collect information from you when you sign up to TrilbyTV. This information includes your Name, Organisation/Institution and an email address. We will also gather contact information including postcode and address of the organisation the subscription is provided to.
- By registering and using TrilbyTV you are allowing us to provide you with services via the TrilbyTV applications and website. It is your responsibility to ensure that we are kept up to date if the information changes or becomes invalid.
- We will only use the information collected to provide you with TrilbyTV and for the management and operation of services provided by Trilby Multimedia Limited and our partner organisations and resellers.
- All personal data that is uploaded to TrilbyTV will not be transferred to a country outside the EEA. Where you opt in to our mailing list and newsletter service, data used for this will be transferred to, stored at and processed in a location outside the EEA.
- We may collect other data about you in a variety of ways including:
- via app and website usage, by IP address and when you log in;
- during conversations or correspondence with TrilbyTV staff;
- when a transaction such as a subscription or renewal takes place;
- from third parties such as an online search.
- For our education customers: We also collect information from students when they sign up. This includes First and Last Name, Sign Up code and an optional email address. With the Sign Up code we are able to link students to their respective school. This is done to ensure students only see their school information and for the purposes of account management.
- As a school provided service you should obtain the consent of parents/guardians of your students before allowing them to register and use the service. If we discover or are informed that consent was not obtained for an individual we reserve the right to close the account and remove and destroy all materials.
- When you provide students with the Sign Up code you should be aware that they may share this code with others who would then have access to the content on your TrilbyTV service.
- By uploading video material to TrilbyTV you are publishing it to a server based in the UK. The video material can only be seen by people with access to your school system by means of the Sign Up code. Any material uploaded can be seen by staff at Trilby Multimedia Limited and may be viewed to assist in support issues or to check for breaches of our Acceptable Content Policy. By uploading materials you are agreeing that you have obtained any permissions for the content to be published from any existing copyright owners and any individuals featured in the content.
- Cookies collect data about your use of the TrilbyTV Platform which is then anonymised and used to help us improve our online services. Cookies remember your preferences and make the service easier for you to use. These cookies are placed on your device either by Trilby or by the third parties whose services we use as part of the TrilbyTV Platform. Some cookies are retained in your browser for only as long as you visit our website, while others persist for a longer period.
- We may use your personal details (Name, Email address, Twitter handle, Telephone) to contact you regarding our services and your account. By giving us your details you are allowing us to do this via Email, Twitter and Telephone.
- We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Individual IP addresses used to access the site are recorded and may be used to help secure the service in the event of breaches.
- We will never share your details with another organisation without your prior consent. The only exception to this is where such a disclosure is required by Law. We may from time to time collect and anonymise data to produce statistics, for product improvement or for service monitoring provided this does not include any personal data.
- Third party tools that we make use of which could process your data include Mailchimp, Xero, OnePageCRM, Slaask, Slack, Google Analytics and Fabric.io (app analytics)
- We may use your personal data to send you information about changes to TrilbyTV such as new features and developments. You can opt out of receiving such information by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any communication or by contacting us via the details below.
- The data we hold should be accurate and kept up to date. Some of the data can be changed by yourself though the user Profile or administration tools. Where data cannot be changed you can contact us to correct the information via the details below.
- All reasonable steps and processes are in place to prevent your data from being accessed by an un-authorised party. If you believe that there has been a breach of access and your data has been disclosed please contact us via the details below.
- In the event that Trilby Multimedia Limited is bought by another entity then the data held on the TrilbyTV service will transfer to the new owner along with this Privacy Notice. The new entity may continue to use the data gathered in the way this notice describes.
- Any changes to this notice may be made from time to time and will come in to effect 30 days from the change date, the current version will always be displayed on the TrilbyTV website.
If you have any comments or concerns with the above notice please get in touch with us.
In writing… Trilby Multimedia Limited, Suite 67, 123 Stratford Road, Solihull, B90 3ND
By email… email@example.com
Last updated: April 4, 2018