This policy describes what is and is not acceptable content to be stored and transmitted via the TrilbyTV Platform or website. TrilbyTV is intended for users to publish and share original media that they themselves or their colleagues have created.
By uploading material to TrilbyTV you are publishing it to a server based in the UK. The material can only be seen by people with access to your TrilbyTV system by means of the Sign Up code. Any material uploaded can also be seen by staff at Trilby Multimedia Limited and may be viewed to assist in support issues or to check for breaches of our Acceptable Content Policy.
By uploading materials, you are agreeing that you have obtained any permissions for the content to be published from any existing copyright owners and any individuals featured in the content
What IS acceptable
- Upload as much great-looking content that you have created that contains 100% original work.
- Think about the people in your video and images and make sure they are ok to be included and have given their permission.
- You must give credit where required and needed – if someone helps you in your work or you use someone else’s image give them a credit and a thank you. Most things you find online will require a Copyright notice and a credit or attribution, so do check.
- Be polite and supportive in any feedback and comments. Helpful words encourage good work.
What IS NOT acceptable
- Uploading of work you have not created or been involved in is wrong. If you have jointly worked on a project check that everyone involved is OK with it being uploaded. Remember anyone can log in and upload their own work if required.
- Uploading of personal data must be avoided unless those included or referenced have given their permission for it to be used in this way.
- Do not show, do or say something that you would not like yourself. Remember your audience is other people just like you.
- Any illegal or prohibited content will result in your account being closed and you will be reported to your TrilbyTV administrator.
- Illegal content includes:
- Content whose upload, broadcast or use infringes any person’s IPRs.
- Personal data that is used before the data subject has been provided with a Privacy Notice, or where legal bases have not been established.
- Defamatory material.
- Offensive material.
- (In the context of schools) Material that is not age-appropriate.
- Material that promotes hate.
- Material that constitutes harassment.
- Material that causes distress (which could cause physical or psychological harm to a human).
- Illegal content includes:
- Any illegal or prohibited content will result in your account being closed and we may report the content and reveal your identity to the appropriate authorities.
- Do not post any commercial (paid for) content or content that is owned by a third party, whether or not it is publicly accessible (e.g. via YouTube) unless you have consent. This includes adverts.
If you see any content that upsets, offends or breaks the above conditions, you should report it immediately.
You can use the firstname.lastname@example.org email address for this. The TrilbyTV support team can then remove the content.
If you have any comments or issues with the above guidelines please get in touch with us using the information on our Contacts page.
Last reviewed: June 23, 2021